So, your crush just asked you on a date? Got set-up on a DateNight?
You must have some butterflies going on. The mix of the excitement along with some nerves is
probably driving your mind into overdrive. You are wondering how to dress? What to wear?
What should the two of you talk about?
Just take a deep breath, because we're here to guide you through this exciting journey.
Before we dive into the do's and don'ts of a successful first date, remember this golden rule:
Confidence is key. Self-assurance is undeniably attractive, so the first step is to appreciate
yourself and just be you: don’t try to fake who you are. It might sound cheesy, but trust us, it's
the best way to be appreciated by someone else.
There are many things to do and not to do when you’re about to DateNight someone new.
First, start with the things to do!
- Do voice your opinions. If you're not comfortable with the date venue or have reservations about
something, speak up. Authenticity is appreciated, and people respect individuals who can express
- Do pay close attention when your date is speaking. Engage in the conversation, ask questions,
and sprinkle in some humor to keep things lively. We understand it can be challenging to stay
focused but remember, your date is probably just as nervous as you are.
- Do smile. Regardless of any unexpected surprises during the date, keep a smile on your face. A
positive attitude is incredibly attractive and will boost your date's confidence as well.
What are the Don’ts? Where are the pitfalls?
- Don’t turn the conversation into a one-sided deal. Nobody enjoys that. If you notice the chatter is
leaning heavily in your direction, pivot the dialogue by asking your date more questions. It's a
great way to reinvigorate the discussion and show your interest.
- Don’t tell it all. The first date is like a tantalizing preview of what could be a deeper connection.
To maintain intrigue and excitement, leave some parts of your life as a mystery. Your date will be
more inclined to see you again to uncover those hidden gems of your personality.
- Don’t avoid the bill. When the bill arrives, don't hesitate to express your willingness to
contribute, regardless of your gender. It's a courteous gesture and a subtle way to gauge your
date's generosity and manners.
First dates can be both thrilling and nerve-wracking, but with the right mindset and a few simple
guidelines, you can make them enjoyable and memorable experiences.
Remember, confidence, authenticity, and genuine interest are your greatest allies.
Now that you are a pro in the first date art (because yes, it’s an art), go out there and create a
connection that could lead to something truly special.